Pests come in all sorts of shapes and sizes from rats and mice to cockroaches and mosquitoes. None of them are pleasant to have invading your home and all of them can do just that depending on what time of the year it is, what the climate is like, and how well secured your home is against rodents and pests.
Beetles are another insect that you should be aware of as they can do a lot of damage to both your home the landscaping. Sometimes, you may need to consider beetle pest control in Dauphin Island.
Get Professional Beetle Pest Control In Dauphin Island
Carpet beetles are one of the many common varieties of beetles to be found in the home and even commercial properties and they can damage clothing, furniture and all sorts of things around your home, even while in a larvae state. Even in this basic form they require sustenance in order to grow to the adult stages and they’ll scavenge your property for places to feed. You may need beetle pest control in Alabama if your infestation is bad.
Carpet beetles are attracted to foods like grains and basically any crumbs left on the floor and once they’ve come across sustenance they’ll move on to whatever else is around. They like to hide under floors and in all sorts of nooks and crannies around the residence making them a real nuisance and often very difficult to find. Typically they’ll eat plant life in a garden as well but once they get into your home they’ll grow into full sized carpet beetles and begin causing the destruction they’re known for.
Japanese beetles are another common pest you’ll have to deal with from time to time and while it seems like a pest that wouldn’t be very common in America, it is actually easier to deal with in Japan. In Japan they are not very destructive but the variation experienced in America will quickly destroy a variety of plants and can ruin a garden. Japanese beetles also tend to get inside your living spaces through small unsealed regions around the home where they’ll feed on minuscule food scraps.
Beetle Exterminators in Alabama
Don’t let these immature beetles grow by feeding off of your furnishings. They may be tiny but the longer you ignore them, the more damage they will incur in time. Make sure to keep a clean house so they won’t be compelled to stay. Keep your home sealed to keep pests including beetles out and use chemicals when necessary in order to make a barrier that will keep them from entering your home or destroying your landscaping.
If you’ve ever had a beetle infestation and needed beetle pest control, you know just what a pain this insect can be. While employing the help of a pest control company is not always required, a qualified beetle pest control service can help you isolate the source of your issue and eliminate it. If you’ve been lucky enough not to have an infestation, the following information will help you identify types of carpet beetles and make sure your home stays safe from them.
The three most common types of carpet beetle are the black carpet beetle, the furniture carpet beetle, and the varied carpet beetle. All go through a four-stage life cycle, which includes egg, larvae (crawling stage), pupae (cocoon) and adult. The larvae look quite different from the adult carpet beetles.
These are types of beetles to look out for during beetle pest control:
- Black Carpet Beetles: The adult beetle grows to be around 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch long and has an oval-shaped, shiny black or dark brown body. The black carpet beetle larvae tend to be golden to dark brown in color, are usually longer than the adults (around 5/16 of an inch) and have a narrow, elongated body covered with short, stiff, dark hairs.
- Furniture Carpet Beetles: The adult beetle is usually around 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch long and nearly round. They appear to have a mottled appearance, as their bodies are covered with multi-colored scales. The underside of the body is white. The larvae of the furniture carpet beetle are more of an oval shape, around 1/4 inch long, and is covered with thick, dark hairs.
- Varied Carpet Beetles: The adult beetle is similar to the adult furniture carpet beetle in that it is nearly round, grows to around 1/10 of an inch to 1/8 of an inch long, and has multi-colored scales, giving it a “spotty” appearance. Varied carpet beetle larvae have tufts of dark fur, bodies with alternating bands of light and dark color, and are oval in shape, although the rear of the body is wider than the front.
In all varieties, the larvae are scavengers that cause damage as they feed on natural fabrics (like wool, leather, or silk) and open or spilled grain products (such as cereal, pasta, flour and cake mixes). Larvae also eat lint, pet hair, pet food, book bindings — you get the idea. Kill larvae to prevent beetle pest control.
Beetle Pest Control For 36535
Since adults can lay between 40 and 90 eggs at a time, a group of larvae can be rather destructive. The adult will lay the eggs in what’s called a larval food source, a large section of any of the materials described above. Once hatched, the larvae will feed and move around until it is time to pupate (cocoon). During this time, they find dark, secluded places with ample food sources.
It can be easy to tell their damage from moth damage because carpet beetle larvae tend to feed on one area of a piece of clothing or your carpet, while moths tend to cause damage in several different spots. The dark skin shed once the larvae pupate and their fecal pellets, about the size of a grain of salt, can also indicate where larvae have been feeding.
While it can be difficult to keep these insects completely out of your home because they are so small, there are pest prevention measures you can take to minimize their activity indoors. The first step is to keep your home clean in beetle pest control. Vacuum frequently, especially in corners and under furniture, to remove any accumulations of lint and pet hair. Regularly clean draperies, linens, rugs and carpets. Promptly clean any food spills from furniture, rugs and carpets. Make sure all open food containers are sealed tightly after use. Trim back any flowering plants near window or door openings to prevent adults from sneaking into your home.
If you utilize the above pest prevention tactics and are still seeing ongoing evidence of an infestation, contact a qualified pest control service for assistance. A green pest control company will recognize that chemicals may not always be the answer; it is more important to find the source of the infestation and clean out that area completely.
1-833-457-0929 toll free
Other pest control services we offer :
- Kill Ants Dauphin Island AL
- Hornet Removal Dauphin Island AL
- Rodent Removal Dauphin Island AL
- Gnat Fumigation Dauphin Island AL
- Fruit Fly Fumigation Dauphin Island AL
- Japanese Beetle Control Dauphin Island AL
- Silverfish Fumigation Dauphin Island AL
- Millipede Exterminator Dauphin Island AL
- Snake Wildlife Removal Dauphin Island AL
- Possum Exterminator Dauphin Island AL